Thursday, February 11, 2010

Ultrasound time!

We had our ultrasound today! It went perfectly. Except for the part where I had to pee so bad I was practicing labor breathing and trying not to tinkle on the table. That tech was nice enough to let me get up and pee about halfway through. Everything looks great and baby is very healthy. Baby is measuring 1 week ahead of my due date but the doctor decided to just leave my due date where it is. Everything is measuring well and the baby weighs 1 pound 1 ounce. Which is also a tad big for this week but I am not complaining. All of the body parts were there and looked great. We got a close up look at hand, feet, legs, arms, the brain, the spine and my favorite part the heart. It was fantastic to see all four chambers of the heart moving just they way they should be. Baby's heart rate was 158 bpm which is a very good strong heart rate. It was great to see the baby moving around and flipping back and forth. It was really neat to see the baby about to kick me and then BAM feeling the kick just as you see it hit the side of my uterus in the picture. The placenta is on the top and the back of my uterus. Which would explain why I am so easily feeling the baby kick. The placenta looked good and we even got to see the blood flow through the umbilical cord. So everything looks great and it was a lot of fun to get to see baby and get some new pictures.


Photobucket
Photobucket



Then there was the fun part. We got to see the gender of the baby. I had a feeling several times that I could see what sex the baby was. But I didn't want to say. I am not the professional. I could be wrong. But nope I was right. I saw what I saw and this baby is a BOY!!!


Photobucket
Photobucket


We are having a baby boy! I am the mother of not one son but two sons! While it would have been nice to have a little girl it is also great to have another boy. I have already been raising a little boy. I know how to take care of baby boys. There is a certain comfort level there. And it means we get another chance to try for a girl next time. LOL

I am still doing well. I lost a few more pounds since my last appointment. Which I will be honest I was a bit stunned over. My appetite has been through the roof and I feel like I am constantly eating. But I am now down 18 pounds with out even trying. I don't know if it is all the water I am drinking or if my metabolism has just finally kicked into gear for once. What ever the reason is I am not only not gaining weight but I am losing weight and hopefully in the end that will help me avoid gestational diabetes or high blood pressure. So far my blood pressure is still good. Let's hope it stays that way. But the way this pregnancy is going I am not to worried about it. Unless there becomes a reason to worry I will not worry.

Baby is head down now. Hopefully he stays that way so that I can try for a VBAC. It will still be a few weeks before we know for sure. And the way this kid wiggles and squirms it is always a concern for me. So fingers crossed that baby stays head down until delivery.

So everything looks great. Baby boy and I are both doing well. I go back in 4 weeks for my next appointment. Then at 28 weeks I will do the glucose testing and hopefully pass with flying colors. I am so glad the ultrasound is done and I can once again relax and enjoy this pregnancy.


Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment