Friday, January 15, 2010

17 weeks

I am 17 weeks pregnant! The baby is now the size of an onion. The baby's bones are starting to harden and fat is starting to accumulate around the baby. The average baby is now 5 inches long and weighs 6 ounces.

All is well here. I have been feeling a lot of movement some days and not much others. You just never know when this baby will kick up his/her heels and start dancing! I am back in class for the semester and the baby likes to squirm during class. Which can be kind of distracting. But still fun anyway.

It is getting more and more difficult to bed over these days. I bend over to far and I play squish the baby. Either my uterus pushes into my bladder and makes me have to pee or the baby kicks back and nails me in the bladder and I have to pee. LOL So either way I end up having to pee. It has just become easier to squat down to work then to bend over. But I am sure it is just a matter of time before that because difficult too.

I am surprised and mildly annoyed by the insomnia. I can not sleep for more then a few hours. Day or night. It is frustrating. I hate feeling this tired all the time. Hopefully over my weekend off I can get more rest. But I doubt it with a "holiday" party coming up.

My appetite is up! I am hungry ... well pretty much all the time. Not good for the weight but it is nice to be able to really eat again. I just wish I could find the bottom to this stomach now. LOL

We are trucking along right into the 5th month now. I can't believe we are this far and so close to halfway through. I am working on the nursery little by little. I still have time so no rush. But it feels good to see that room slowly turn into a clean baby's room and not a messy spare bedroom/storage room. The doorway between our room and the nursery is clear now. The dresser moved over and the bookshelf is on the other side of the room. Now if I could just sell the treadmill and get the boys to move the twin bed and side table up stairs. We could really start pulling it together. No crib or changing table yet. But we will get there soon enough. Or not soon enough. Sometimes I feel like this is going to slow and then next time it seems to wiz right by. I am excited to have this baby here and in my arms.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment