Friday, January 29, 2010

19 weeks

I am 19 weeks pregnant today. We are quickly approaching the halfway point! WOOHOO! The baby is 6 inches long and 9 ounces heavy. Before we know it this baby will be a full pound! Baby is the size of a mango or a large heirloom tomato I read. I don't like either one of those. I need a better fruit to compare baby to. LOL The baby is starting to be covered in vernix. From now until the baby comes he/she will be covered in that white gooey stuff in order to protect the baby's skin and to keep the poor thing from looking like a prune at birth! Most of it will be gone by then but there is always a little goop left in the creases.

Baby is doing well and getting strong. The kicks have gotten very strong this week. Every once in a while they kind of hurt. Most of the kicks are down low and in either my bladder or my c-section scar. OUCH! Baby is very opinionated about just how much pee I have in my bladder and how often I should run to the bathroom. It makes for interesting sleep patterns.

I am very impatiently waiting for our ultrasound. Most of the woman in my expecting groups have had their ultrasounds by now and know if they are on the pink team or the blue team. And this is why is sucks to be due at the end of a month. I am always 2 steps behind these woman. I am tired of the he/she and him/her references to the baby. And of course the worst IT. I hate calling this baby IT. I don't mean to rush things but HURRY UP! I just want to get to the ultrasound and see that everything is ok and what we are having. Yes this is a baby ... no we don't think there is a puppy in there ... no more comments from the peanut gallery. HA HA HA

I am also looking forward to a bigger pregnancy belly. I want to look pregnant and not just really fat. LOL Cause some days I just feel really fat. The baby grew up this week instead of out. So now my belly had kind of flattened out a bit. LOL I just keep reminding myself before long I will be as big as a house and wishing for a smaller belly. But for now GROW BABY GROW!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment