Monday, January 4, 2010

4 month check up

I had my 4 month check up today. Every thing went very well. The nurse took me back and weighed me. I am down 3 pounds from my last appointment. That makes for a 13 pound loss total since I found out that I am pregnant. My doctor was very impressed with that considering we just got done with the holidays.

She took my blood pressure and it looked great. Right in the normal range. I am so happy that my blood pressure is staying down so far. Fingers crossed that I can keep it down and avoid any need for medication all 40 weeks.

That's when it got sucky. My appointment was scheduled for 3:05pm. The nurse left at 3:03pm and said the doctor will be in to see you in just a few minutes. My doctor didn't come in until 3:50pm. I was suppose to be back to work at 4pm. UGH! I text messaged the coworker who was covering my shift and let her know that I would be late. I was mad but in walked my doctor. He is so kind and sweet that my anger instantly melted. Sly little bugger isn't he?!?!?!

I got up on the exam table and he felt around for my uterus. He said the top of my uterus was right under my belly button. Which is exactly where it should be at 15 weeks. He pulled out the doppler to listen to the baby's heartbeat. Now remember at this point I had been waiting 45 minutes for him to come in and see me. And I am pregnant ... and peeing all the time. Not to mention some terribly annoying amount of gas today. UGH! The things we endure during pregnancy. But at least they are well worth it. So anyway he starts running the doppler over my belly and I am not sure if I am going to pee on the table or fart in his general direction. Either one or even both were a dangerous possibility! Thankfully I did neither. He started down low on my belly and all he found was my heartbeat. UGH! So I am trying very hard not to freak out. But the longer it is taking him the more nervous I am becoming. So he switches and moves it to the top of my uterus right under my belly button. Sure enough there it was! The baby's heart rate was 140 bpm. He said that was fantastic and every thing was looking really good.

I asked about the position of the baby. Was he/she still in the breech position since he had to find the heart beat up top. He said yes most likely. I asked him due to my uterine malformation when would we know if the baby is head up or head down and if I need a c-section again or if I can try for a VBAC. He said for me the cut off date will be 30 weeks. If the baby is still head up by then there will be little to no chance of the baby flipping on his/her own and he/she can not be turned from the outside safely. *sigh* BUT it is still early and there is still time for the baby to flip around. He said to drink lots of water to help keep a good level of fluid in there. The more fluid there is the more room baby has to swim around and flip over. So I guess in another 15 weeks we will know if this baby has settled in with his/her head stuck in the right uterine horn like Bryan did or if they got their butt stuck in there. LOL

Over all everything went very well. My doctor is excited that I have been feeling some flutters and said it is a great sign of a healthy baby. Baby and I are both healthy and doing well and he told us to keep up the good work!

I scheduled the big ultrasound today after my appointment. We find out if this baby is a boy or a girl on February 11, 2010!!! I can't wait to see the baby on ultrasound again!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment