Friday, April 2, 2010

28 weeks

28 weeks
7 months
3rd trimester

It's been a long time coming but we are finally here! The last leg of this pregnancy is upon us. Baby Wyatt continues to kick and grow more every day. He should be roughly between 2.5 - 3 pounds now and 13-15 inches long. He is able to open and close his eyes. I hear that he might even start turning his head toward lights bright enough to see through my belly. He is able to recognize familiar voices like mine and Ethan's.

Wyatt has been unable to decide which way he wants to face. Right after my 24 week OB appointment he flipped head down and stayed that way for roughly 3 weeks. But the other night he flipped himself back around and is breech again. UGH! It hurts when he flips because he is running out of room to do so. But I would rather he gave it one more good flip and get himself in the proper position for me to attempt a VBAC. But for now he enjoys planting his feet on my pelvic bone and pushing his round little melon up through the top of my belly. It is so weird to be able to feel now exactly where his head is when he stretches. I remember that with Bryan but even that was years and years ago.

I noticed for the first time a few nights ago Wyatt had the hiccups. He kept kicking my pelvic bone over and over and over again rather rhythmically. It didn't hurt but it was driving me nuts. Eventually I realized that he was not doing it on purpose. He must have been having hiccups that were making him bump into me. It has happened every day for the last couple of days. It is still in the cute and interesting phase. But I remember how annoying hiccups can be when the baby is bigger and pretty much shakes your belly every time. LOL Bryan had them all the time. As soon as he quit I started up. Let's hope Wyatt doesn't have them to often. The good news is that hiccups mean he is practicing and improving his breathing so his lungs will be strong when he is born. The bad news is it drives you nuts and there is nothing you can do about it. LOL

I am doing pretty well. I am getting tired a LOT faster. I hate feeling winded all the time. Even an overly exuberant conversation can make me winded. Drives me nuts! I don't feel much like walking any where any more due to the lack of energy and the lack of ability to breath well. So I try to do things in short spurts and rest in between. I constantly feel like I am running behind and that stinks. But I do what I can and try really hard to get some one to help me with the rest.

I had a horrible revisit of morning sickness. I hear it is pretty common in the third trimester due to more hormonal fluctuations. I woke up yesterday morning, got dressed, walked out to the living room and puked. I had to cover my mouth to keep it in long enough to make it to the bathroom. I went from hmmm my belly doesn't feel so good to barfing my guts out in 2 seconds flat! NOT COOL! LOL I have my queasy moments but at least I am not having the constant all day every nausea I had during the first trimester. So of course I am now covered in stress induced hives on my face. UGH! Why can't I just puke, rinse and move on with my day like normal people? Small price to pay ... I just have to keep reminding myself of that.

I have my next OB appointment on Monday. I start the morning off with that horrible little sugar torture they like to call a glucose test. Fingers crossed that I pass the 1 hour glucose test with flying colors and I don't even have to think about the 3 hour one. BLAH! A lot of people I know are failing one or both tests and being diagnosed with gestational diabetes. Not cool. Let's hope I am not next on that long list. My 28 week OB appointment is shortly after the test. My doctor said he should have the lab results ready to pull up on the computer by the time I make it to my appointment. So hopefully I will know right away what my fate is. I just hope it is good news and my appointment goes smoothly.




Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment