Saturday, November 21, 2009

9 weeks

I am 9 weeks pregnant! I have officially made it past the date of loss from my last pregnancy. It is time for a mini celebration.
Photobucket
WOOT WOOT!

I read some where the other day that early pregnancy symptoms peak at around 9 weeks. I don't remember where I read it. I read a lot of things from a lot of different sources. I am a bit of a book worm. Anyway things like fatigue, morning sickness, sore breasts and so on and so on, all of the typical first trimester symptoms of pregnancy will peak at 9 weeks and then slowly start declining. Some where between 12-14 weeks they should disappear. I know it is different for everybody but boy howdy it appears to be true for me in this pregnancy. The last few days I have been SICK. More sick then I have been so far at all. I am constantly shoveling in small snacks to keep the vomiting at bay. It seems the only cure for my morning sickness is a snack. But not just any snack. It has to be the right snack or meal. And they could turn on me at any moment. What was heaven 5 bites ago is now making my eyes water and threatening to all come back up! It is hard to hide this too. Not a lot of people know yet. So when I am suddenly unable to eat something I have to fake being full. I really am not. I could probably eat a horse. But only if it had the right marinade on it. LOL I am not complaining about morning sickness of course. I am just saying ... BLAH!

The fatigue has kicked in worse too. I get up and get the kid off to school and go back to sleep. I get up and go to class and come home and go back to sleep. I get up and go to work and day dream about sleeping all night. Then I come home and try to unwind with a bedtime snack. With out the snack I will be up in a few short hours trying not to heave stomach acid all over the poor sleeping unsuspecting hubby. Then ... you guessed it ... I sleep. I sleep until morning when I get back up and do it all over again. I am just flat out pooped. It makes doing home work and house work very difficult. Cause I would rather be sleeping!!!

The pregnancy dreams are starting to kick in too. I have had a few over the past few weeks. But not much. However the last few nights have been jam packed. I don't remember most of them. Just the very intense real feeling I get afterward. Like the dream where I couldn't remember who the father was. Or the one where I went back to work just 1 week after the baby was born. YA RIGHT! I am taking 3 months off this time around! I have the paid time off and definitely the desire to just stay home and be a mama and a wife for a little while.

I have moved to stretchy pants. I don't really need them. My regular pants still fit. But OMG the stretchy pants are like a little slice of heaven! I am not allowed to wear pajama pants to work because of our dress code there. How ever we are allowed to wear jeans. These pants look like jeans but feel like jammy pants. It is the most amazing feeling. I will have to go back to Wal-mart and buy more. No doubt about. I am not sure they will last me the entire 9 months. They have a very stretchy waist but I am not totally convinced they are THAT stretchy. Only time will tell. But for now they are magnificent. And it's the little things you have to enjoy when your head is in the toilet.

No comments:

Post a Comment