Monday, November 30, 2009

First OB Appointment

I had my first OB appointment today. It went very well. The doctor did the usual pelvic exam and pap test kind of stuff. He went over my results from the blood and urine tests I had done last week. Everything looks great. The best part was the ultrasound! I am so glad he decided to do that. He thought it would be a good idea to check in on the baby and make sure he/she is growing properly and still had a heartbeat. The baby looked great! He/she measured at 10 weeks and 5 days. A little ahead of my calculations but pretty darn close. The baby's heart rate was 167 bpm. Which is a fantastic heart rate. The old wives tale says if the baby's heart rate is above 160 it is a girl and below is a boy. Which would be funny because Ethan keep referring to this child as a he. LOL The baby was once again bouncing around like a mexican jumping bean. Ethan and I both were surprised by how much this baby moves around and bounces of the walls of my uterus! While the doctor was trying to get a decent picture the baby spun around and turned his/her back to us. At one point we could see the baby's arms moving around. The kid is already dancing around and doing the wave down there! So things are looking great. We didn't get great pictures because like I said he/she won't hold still. But here is what we got to share!

This is a front view of the baby. You can see the head and body and little arms and legs.
Photobucket

This one is a side view. Mostly you just see the head and the curve of the baby's back.
Photobucket

It is amazing how the rest of the world just fades to black when you are watching your baby on an ultrasound. Ethan and the doctor were talking to each other but I barely noticed either one of them there. All I could see was that little bundle of energy bouncing around and that fantastic little flicker of a heartbeat. I was in heaven.


So all is good. Ethan keeps trying to push back when we tell people so as not to jinx this pregnancy. I am going CRAZY because I want to share our wonderful news so much. Especially now that we know things are going very well. But I guess I will have to just continue to wait ...

No comments:

Post a Comment